How To Play Shiritori
This is an English version of the Japanese game Shiritori.
First, player one is given a random letter and must pick a word beginning with that letter.
Then players take turns with the last letter of each word becoming the start of the next word.
Additionally, words must
- Be in the dictionary (no proper nouns, see FAQ)
- Have at least 4 letters
- Have not been used before
Players score more for longer words and for answering quickly.
- Length bonus: Number of letters minus 4
- Speed bonus: Number of seconds remaining
- The first player to get their score down to zero is the winner